|Members of Burial Committee:
Councillor Hicklin - Chair
The Packhorse Road Cemetery is owned and maintained by the Melbourne Parish Council, whose mission is to provide a respectful and dignified environment for the interment and remembrance of the people who lived in the Parish of Melbourne. Visitors to the Cemetery are welcomed and asked to respect and share the pride taken in its appearance and maintenance.
In 2002, Melbourne came second in the Best Cemetery Competition in the whole of the UK and Ireland. Melbourne Parish Council is responsible for maintenance of the grounds and Garden of Remembrance, burials, interments, and the erection of memorials. A Safety Check has been undertaken on headstones and memorials as part of an ongoing Health and Safety procedure.
In 2014, a photograph of Melbourne Cemetery, taken by Andrew Jackson, was highly commended by the Institute of Cemeteries and Crematorium Management (ICCM). The photograph was displayed in the ICCM magazine and at their AGM and Annual Dinner. The condition of the Cemetery was also commended and the Sexton, Robert Holman, collected a certificate at the ICCM AGM.
Pictured left is the Village Sexton, Robert Holman, to whom any enquiries or comments should be addressed. Telephone 07966 461416.
MEMORIAL BIRD BOXES are now available by using this ORDER FORM.
The Old Burial GroundThe medieval burial ground in Castle Street is maintained by Melbourne Parish Council. It closed in 1860 and contains a large number of attractive slate headstones, carved principally by the Dunnicliff family.
||Meet the Team
||Committees & Responsibilities
||You are here||Highways Committee
||Neighbourhood Development Plan Working Party||Documents
||Contacts & Links