Please find below, some clarification on support available provided by CVS and partners, to local people affected by Covid 19.
There have been reports on social media and elsewhere saying that the CVS Food Bank has moved to Greenbank Leisure Centre – this is NOT the case and anyone needing a Food Parcel should make a referral to CVS as described below.
Update from South Derbyshire CVS – Community Support
Following recent measures to increase social distancing and self-isolation, we have received a huge number of requests for help and support. We are working hard to meet the demand and doing our best to respond as quickly as possible - please be patient and if you have left a message please don’t ring again – we will get back to you as soon as we can.
We currently offer the following support:
- Food Bank (emergency parcels for people in financial difficulties) A number of our referral partners are holding a supply of food parcels to give out directly; they can also be collected from CVS by appointment only. Food for individuals in the high risk group who are self-isolating can be provided via the shopping service and should be referred in to the Community Response Unit at county. Ordinary food bank referrals (non self isolating groups) can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essential food shopping and collection of prescriptions, for people aged over 70 and/or in high risk groups, who have no family or friends who can help: These will be safely dropped off to people’s doorsteps, by trusted delivery drivers
- Telephone befriending/welfare calls for self-isolating people who need a regular friendly chat
about, and referral into, other community support services. A list of
local and national support services, updated regularly can be found at
org or email email@example.com.
We would also love to hear from individuals wanting to volunteer and from groups and businesses offering community support services.
Individuals needing help:
All requests for individuals needing help should now be directed to the Derbyshire Community Response Unit. This is for vulnerable people who are self isolating and who don’t have any family or friends to help. Register at derbyshire.gov.uk/
communityresponse or telephone
01629 535091 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm / Saturday 9am to 1pm.
They will refer as appropriate into local services – including those
provided by SDCVS and local Stronger South Derbyshire partners.
Anyone in the ultra high risk/shielding group can register for priority help. If they’ve not had a letter but have one of the conditions listed, and they don’t have anyone who can support them, they can register directly https://www.gov.uk/
coronavirus-extremely- vulnerable or call the government helpline on 0800 0288327.
If you need to reach CVS directly:
Like most organisations we’ve had to close the offices and most staff are working from home, so email is the best way to get in touch
- Questions about services (including Food Bank referrals) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals wanting to volunteer email@example.com
- Local groups and businesses offering support or needing guidance firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all things to do with our response and community response to CV19 visit www.strongersouthderbyshire.
We have also produced a Stronger South Derbyshire Community Response leaflet please feel free to share this with your networks and contacts, along with the other information in this email.